06 December 2012

ACCM Prompt: Santa Claus

Today's ACCM prompt from GeneaBloggers is Santa Claus. Did you ever send a letter to Santa? Did you ever visit Santa and “make a list?” Do you still believe in Santa Claus?

I do not personally recall writing Santa but I know we did. Mom thought it was great penmanship practice and it also provided her a way to know what we wanted that year. One year - mom loves to tell this story much to my sister embarassment - my sister wrote him a letter and put it in a sealed envelope and mailed it without letting mom "proof" it first.  When my parents asked her about it, she simply responded that if Santa were real then he would get it and that was all that mattered. Needless to say, she ended up being disappointed a little that year.

Coatesville used to have a Santa's Hut there on the main street (Lincoln Highway). I can remember going and waiting in line. I do not recall actually talking with him, although I'm sure I did if we stood there and waited.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment