05 April 2013

Follow Friday: Blogs & posts that caught my attention this week

It's Follow Friday at GeneaBloggers and as such this will be a small random collection of blogs and posts made by others that caught my attention this week.


Genealogy Bank placed this (the Early Occupations image below) on their Facebook page Thursday. Thought it was great and had to pass it along today!

Fun Quiz: Do You Know These Women’s Jobs?

When researching your women ancestors in old newspapers, you often run across terms describing their jobs that aren’t familiar today.

Take this quiz to see how well you know these earlier job descriptions—and tell us how you do!



I stumbled across a blog this week called, " Fascinated by the Dead: A Genealogy Blog." I loved the name so of course I had to go check it out! You can check it out too at http://scotbrit.blogspot.com/. Lot s of great old photo and all nicely identified. Awesome banner (see below) too - the single color image really sets the contrast nicely with the other black and white ones.




Dick Eastman's "Eastman's Online Genealogy Newsletter" is a great resource. I really like that he has other genealogists/writers write relevant book reviews for his site.I think I might like to try something like that. If you have stumbled upon a genealogy related book that you would like to review, please email me at jeanne.eckman@comcast.net.


Do YOU have a favorite site you would like to share? Do you have a blog - genealogy related please - that YOU would like to promote here? Please feel free to leave a comment below including your blog info!

No comments:

Post a Comment